Undergraduates in civil and environmental engineering must take CE 495.
This capstone course prepares students for the work place by providing an experience with the following challenges:
- A project with multiple issues that must be resolved using civil and environmental engineering knowledge;
- Formulation of conceptual solutions and resolution of conflicting design elements;
- Development of plans that comply with regulations and provide a basis for cost estimates;
- Balancing individual responsibility and group participation in a team based effort;
- Preparation of written reports and oral presentations.
To view the Spring 2020 projects, see our Design Day booklet (booklet pdf) describes our students’ projects and coming soon to Civil and Environmental Engineering Projects.
More information can be found at Civil & Environmental Engineering.