Undergraduates in civil and environmental engineering must take CE 495.
This capstone course prepares students for the work place by providing an experience with the following challenges:
- A project with multiple issues that must be resolved using civil and environmental engineering knowledge;
- Formulation of conceptual solutions and resolution of conflicting design elements;
- Development of plans that comply with regulations and provide a basis for cost estimates;
- Balancing individual responsibility and group participation in a team based effort;
- Preparation of written reports and oral presentations.
For a list of projects from Spring 2014, see Civil and Environmental Engineering Projects.
More information can be found at Civil & Environmental Engineering.