CSE498, Collaborative Design, also known as “The Capstone Experience,” provides the educational capstone for all students majoring in computer science at Michigan State University. Teams of students build software projects for corporate clients.
During the Capstone Experience, students
- design, develop, and deliver a software system to a client;
- learn to work effectively in a team environment;
- develop written and oral communication skills;
- become proficient with software development tools and environments;
- learn about system building and system administration;
- and consider issues of professionalism and ethics.
For a list of Spring 2018 projects, see Computer Science and Engineering Projects.
More information can be found at Computer Science and Engineering Capstone Experience, or by contacting Dr. Wayne Dyksen.